Monday is the deadline to sign up for health coverage or pay a fine under the Affordable Care Act. But you may qualify for an exemption if:
• You’re uninsured for less than three months of the year.
• The lowest-priced coverage available to you would cost more than 8 percent of your household income.
• You don’t have to file a tax return because your income is too low.
• You’re a member of a federally recognized tribe or eligible for services through an Indian Health Services provider.
• You’re a member of a recognized health care sharing ministry.
• You’re a member of a recognized religious sect with religious objections to insurance, including Social Security and Medicare.
• You’re incarcerated, and not awaiting the disposition of charges against you.
• You filed for bankruptcy in the last six months.
• You had medical expenses you couldn’t pay in the last 24 months.